[vdr] Re: DD AC3 and 1.3.19 broken?

Werner!

You mention that you haven't found any way to set the 'non-audio' bit within
the av7110. What I'm curious to know is why my reciever, when fed with a
DD2.0-stream from vdr-1.3.20, apparently detects the DD2.0 but gives no sound
at all. If I try to replay a DD5.1 (recorded under 1.3.19), the video is
stuttering or replayed with wrong speed ( faster ).

Do you know if the non-audio bit _should_ be the only way that the recieving
end detects non-PCM data.

Maybe my reciever detects the DD-data but gets confused when non audio=0 ??

It's funny that my reciever does not just pass on the data to the PCM-
decoding circuitry instead. ( Because of the lack of 'non-audio'=1 ) In this
case there would obviously be a lot of 'crackle 'n pop' in my speakers.

I haven't been able to find any document concerning IEC61937 nor IEC60908.
Does anybody have a link to these documents?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index