Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Diversity Stick (2001e)
Current information for Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Diversity Stick (2001e)
Model number 2001e. Both tuners built into this USB stick are now fully working with Ubuntu 9.10 (kernel 2.6.31-14, SMP), IR receiver has not been tested. You may need to set the module options set as below but using a good USB interface this may not be necessary (see below). You need a good antenna plugged into both of the tuner inputs (normal antenna socket at the end, and also into the little coax socket in the side of the USB stick- adapter leads with the tricky little coax connector are available on your favourite auction site). Issues with both tuners being active seem to have been resolved by avoiding the use of the AMD motherboard USB ports, and plugging the tuner into a separate USB adapter (NEC chipset based, VIA 6212L would likely work as well).
In Mythtv the tuners are set up to 15000 msec timeouts, approx 1000ms tuning delay, Quick tuning set to Always, and "use for EIT" unchecked. Now that the stick is working properly attached to the new USB ports this may also be unecessary.
You need to have device driver module options set as follows. I also have a DVICO card which uses dib0700 driver and there seem to be no bad side-effects to the options being set as below.
# file /etc/modprobe.d/pinnacle.conf # options for Pinnacle dual diversity USB stick (2001e). USB ID via usbpci command is 2304:0229 options dvb_usb_dib0700 force_lna_activation=1 options dvb_usb disable_rc_polling=1 options usbcore autosuspend=-1
Reported as working (except for IR receiver) 2008-06-17 in linux-dvb mailing list by Ingo Arndt using kernel 2.6.24 with tuxonice-patches http://marc.info/?l=linux-dvb&m=121373651224728&w=2
Some information lifted from David Hausheer's web pages http://hausheer.osola.com/docs/34
- Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Diversity Stick requires the following kernel modules: dib7000m, dib7000p, dib3000mc, dvb-usb, dvb-usb-dib0700. These modules are available in the latest Linux kernel. Under Debian the following kernel package from Debian lenny (testing) is needed:
- $ apt-get -t testing install linux-image-2.6.24-1-686
- Download the firmware:
- $ wget http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/files/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw
- $ cp dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw /lib/firmware
- $ ln -s /lib/firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw /lib/firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw
Manufacturer's (mostly useless) link- don't expect to find manuals or details here!