[linux-dvb] Hauppauge DVB-S and signal at 1270 MHz

Hello,

I am fairly new to the world of digital video but have since recently
been involved in a project dealing with quality assurance of DVB
broadcast systems.

We have a testbench containing an encoder, a modulator and a pair of
receivers and I tought it would be nifty if I could get a PC with a
Hauppauge DVB-S card into the picture as well (or rather get the picture
out of the PC :). However, the testbench is closed, i e the receivers
are connected to a L-band port on the modulator producing a signal at
1270 MHz, which to me seems a lot different than the frequencies
normally used by LNBs.

Having messed about with LNB definitions and various frequencies for a
while I'm at a dead end. The best I could acheive was getting the OCD of
Linux-VDR on the display but as video (psychadelic Winamp-output-modules
fed into the encoder by another PC) all I get is a black nothing.

Being a more or less agile system analyst I decided to attack the
problem using a program that I've written myself (thus, gaining higher
probability of understanding what is going on). Needless to say, it did
not help. It seems like the signal that, using the same set of cables,
reach the regular receivers simply dislikes my Hauppauge DVB-S.

Anyone got any clues about what I could try next?

Best regards,
Tomas Hübner

---