[linux-dvb] I found a way to display still .jpg and .ppm s on the TV

Robert Schneider/MUC1/Lotus writes:
 > Marcus,
 >
 > what do videoPlay(fd) in load_iframe and play_file_video(filefd, fd) in
 > main refer to?
 >
 > I have commented that out so that it compiles however providing standard
 > jpg both (352x288 and 768x576) to the executable just produces a black
 > screen for 3 seconds.

Oops, the routines are all in the test files in CVS. You don't need
videoPlay and play_file_video. I just cut that out of the test_video.c
file.
Anyway, you need an I-frame (i.e. MPEG1 or 2 encoded single
frame) not a JPG. So you have to go through the same conversion
procedure you described. I also used an MPEG encoder to create I-frames
from PNM. Maybe someone knows a program that can do a faster
conversion from jpeg.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de