[linux-dvb] Re: ?:My DVB Card

werner@suse.de(Dr. Werner Fink)  07.08.01 13:28

Once upon a time Dr. Werner Fink shaped the electrons to say...

>On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 12:35:02PM +0200, Rolf Siebrecht wrote:
>>
>> Don't be nervous, you have exactly that type of card which we are
>> all talking about here. It's not that important under which market
>> name the card was sold. What characters etched into copper carriers
>> your card? My Card has "Sat-DVB Rev.: 1.3" and "TTC 99.04" on the
>> PCB. (And it was sold as "TechniSat SkyStar 1".)

>For those who want to buy an old TechniSat SkyStar 1 card:
>it seems that Reichelt (www.reichelt.de) has some of this
>older cards around, see article number `SKYSTAR 1' for
>398 Deutsch Marks.
>This card has AFAIK the J2 header on which RGB/SPDIF(LPCM
>only)/S-Video are available (if configured within the DVB driver).

Jepp.

J2 is in "place" but ,

 - Receiver (BSRU6-502A) has only one F-plug (no LNB-loop thru)
   (Not really a problem)

 - the right plug for "CD-Out" is missing!

 - The board revision seems to be "Sat-DVB Rev.: 1.5" (partly
   covered by label) and "TT2000.8".

 - The sound chip is not a TMS320AD80C.
   It is a "CS4341-KS EP" in 16 Pin DIL ( SOJ SMD)
   CS4341: 24-Bit, 96 kHz Stereo DAC with Volume Control
   http://www.cirrus.com/design/products/overview/index.cfm?ProductID=36
   http://www.cirrus.com/pubs/4341.pdf?DocumentID=45

The video is OK, but currently i can't get a sound from

my fault?

>BTW: Does anybody know what the other J8 header besides the CI
>interface is good for?

The soldered holes partly hidden under the bar code label are
very likely to be the JTAG-Connectors for the TMX320AV7111's
emulator probe... ;-)

Funny:
The TMS320AV71xx is obsoleted by TI since 1999!
Can someone explain this?
(That's why only prelimary "TMX" can be found.)