[linux-dvb] Re: dvdplayback in vdr 0.9

Peter Ludwig wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I try to run a DVD in vdr, vdr tells me that libdvdread could not find a file named libcss.so.
> I compiled the package libcss-0.1.0 but did not get such a file.
> What should I do?

normal process of installing libcss should be:

./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install

After the last step you should have libcss.so in /usr/lib. You probaly
either missed the 'make install' or it put the library in '/usr/local/lib'.

Please make also sure that if you have the lib in '/usr/local/lib' the
'/etc/ld.so.conf' file contains an entry for that directory. Don't
forget ldconfig after instaling the lib and/or making changes to ld.so.conf.

have fun

     Andreas