[linux-dvb] TMS320AD80C and CS4341-KS (was: Re: Re: ?:My DVB Card

(Ralph Metzler)  10.08.01 in linux-dvb@zocki.toppoint.de:

>Rainer Zocholl writes:
>> werner@suse.de(Dr. Werner Fink)  07.08.01 13:28
>>
>>>For those who want to buy an old TechniSat SkyStar 1 card:
>>>it seems that Reichelt (www.reichelt.de) has some of this
>>>older cards around, see article number `SKYSTAR 1' for
>>>398 Deutsch Marks.

Currently delivered:
"Sat-DVB Rev.: 1.5(?)" "TT2000.8"

>>  - The sound chip is not a TMS320AD80C.
>>    It is a "CS4341-KS EP" in 16 Pin DIL ( SOJ SMD)
>>    CS4341: 24-Bit, 96 kHz Stereo DAC with Volume Control
>>    http://www.cirrus.com/design/products/overview/index.cfm?ProductI
>>    D=36 http://www.cirrus.com/pubs/4341.pdf?DocumentID=45
>>

>> The video is OK, but currently i can't get a sound from
>>
>> my fault?

>Luckily I got my hands on a Revision 1.6 card a few weeks back which
>also uses this DAC. I never thought they would really sell it (or even
>a revision 1.5) since revision 2.1 has been out for quite some time.

But 2.1 is crippled in someways...or what are the advantages/features
that makes 1.x to 2.x jump?

The Mini-DIN-plug with 5 -five(!) - shieled
cables is crap, a "must break".
No internal connectors, so this cinch cabling horror
has to be done externally. A Scart-plug would be very prober...(and solid)

>Use the "adac" parameter to select the audio DAC:

>insmod dvb.o adac=1 ...

>TI: adac=0
>CS: adac=1

Uups. Thanks.

Where(how) are the module parameters (generally) documented?
There is no "man" on modules...

For the dvb module i could find some (not all) it in the web only,
in the FAQ. But there is no hint to this audio modes too.
(See below)

What if both kind of cards are in the system?
dvb can't be loaded twice AFAIK

http://www.lindy.cc/local/LinuxDVB.nsf/e95ed8396fac68cfc1256a010064762b/130e3b7552e34af3c1256a02006d5f12?OpenDocument

2.10 Q: Which parameters are available for the driver and what do they do ?
A: The folowing parameters are available to pass while loading the module:

debug=0,1
enable debug

fdebug=0,1
enable more debug

vidmem=
helps the saa7146 to find the location of the video memory

vidlow=
helps the saa7146 to find the location of the video memory

outstream=0,1,2,3
0=Output AV_PES
1=Output PS
2=Output TS
3=Output PES

vidmode=0,1,2,3
0=NO_OUT
1=CVBS_RGB_OUT Composite on Composite-Out, RGB on RGB-out (default)
2=CVBS_YC_OUT Composite on Composite-Out, C on RED-out, Y on GREEN-out
3=YC_OUT Y on Composite-out, C on RED-out

napi=0,1
enable/disable linux DVB API support

init_chan=0,1
channel to which the card is initally switched

Not explained are:

MODULE_PARM(pids_off,"i");
MODULE_PARM(readfirm,"i");
MODULE_PARM(adac,"i");

BTW:
Why do i have to add the path

"insmod /lib/modules/2.4.6/kernel/drivers/media/video/videodev.o;"

to the makefile?