[linux-dvb] Installation perfect, dvb0 nowhere!

Emil Ungurean writes:
 > Then i try to bring up the dvb0 device, like it was with older versions of
 > the Siemens drivers: ifconfig dvb0 192.168.4.1 up.

First you will have to create the net interface. Open the
/dev/ost/netx device, where x is the number of your card (usually 0).
Now use the ioctl NET_ADD_IF with a struct dvb_net_if set to the correct
parameters (have a look at ost/net.h).
Use ifconfig to set dvbx_0.

In order to find out how to do this you would have to had read
driver/dvb_net.c and ost/include/ost/net.h. Where all these conspicuous
names containing "net" (no fishing here) should have aroused some suspicion.

 > I've tried to figure out what the hell happened. It looks like my Linux
 > and C knowledge is not enough, cause I didn't find the answer for my
 > question posted here.

It`s all there for those who look (not to say: "Use the source Luke").

Marcus

PS: I hope I don't need sarcasm tags here.
Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de

Convergence Integrated Media GmbH