[linux-dvb] low-cost dvb-card and 166 MHz cpu-rate

Hello everybody.
Maybe this question sounds a little strange to you.
I have the following scenario in my mind and I'm wondering if it could
be realized.
I have a 166 Mhz VDR-box with a siemens DVB-S card and a single-LNB.
Would 166 MHz be enough for a low-cost DVB-card (which normally requires
a higher CPU rate)
when using it just for recording?
If this would work the next problem would be the following:
Because I have just a single LNB I had to connect that LNB to the
low-cost card.
Would it then be possible to pipe the MPEG stream of the low-cost card
directly to the MPEG-decoder on the siemens-card
(without first recording on the low-cost-card and the replaying on the
siemens-card)?
I know that buying a twin LNB cost just about 150 DM and that a second
full-feature-card would avoids all these questions.
The interesting thing to me is not to do this, but if it could be done!
Best regards
Martin