[linux-dvb] Re: New CVS Driver and OSD crashes with vdr -a - WORKAROUND

At 18:12 24.08.2001 +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>Ok, so what's left?
>
>While poking around in dvbapi.c I once disabled creating the siProcessor
>thread,
>and BINGO! The problem was gone!

Yes. It is gone. I absolutely love you, Klaus ;-)

>This will completely disable the EPG for the moment, but at least it shouldn't
>crash any more. I'll have to see how I can dynamically enable/disable this
>in order
>to come up with a final solution.

During replay, the EIT processing thread is maybe not sooo important....

>Please let me know if this actually makes the problem go away.

Here it is gone. I fast forwarded a whole ac3 movie with progress bar and
during that I displayed the Menu multiple times :-))))
It's also gone with DVD replay.

>I still wonder what connection might be between the presence of a pipe and the
>EIT processing thread. Must be something mystical...

Yes, me thinks so too. Completely obscure.
Not to forget the EIT thread becomes fatal only if we have some sort of OSD
at the same time.
In any case I volunteer for any further tests.

Cheers
Stephan