[linux-dvb] All works now!

Massimiliano Perantoni writes:
 > Thanks to the hints givan by anybody! Now anything works gread apart a
 > couple of hints that seem to be in the DVB-s driver code. There seems to
 > be something that is not right with the CI detection: the driver simply
 > expects for the board to detect it, then send an IRQ to the PC to advise
 > of its presence: the thing that is quite random is that all this works
 > just some times, not ALWAYS. The thing that I ask now is:
 > Why should the driver wait for the ARM to detect that? Couldn't we just
 > trigger the ARM to do than on driver boot? Why doesn't the armboot

Why? It already does this at driver boot time.

 > procedure reset that? Maybe the driver should reset the arm during init
 > in another moment... Who can give some hints and possibly an API of the
 > ARM Firmware?  Is there some kind of docs?

You'll have to ask TI. They'll probably want an NDA.
Their current libraries also are closed source and not compatible
to any GNU binutil formats.

 > Which is the status of the gnufirmware?

It basically shows you how to load a program into the card and
how to start it.
I was hoping somebody else would do some work on it, including some
reverse engineering :-)
I really can't do any more on this myself without breaking NDAs.

Together with the AV7110 datasheet one can at least play a little
with an ARM7TDMI core and some of the other hardware. Most basic
developer kits with ARM7TDMI don't offer more than that and are
much more expensive than the DVB card.

Ralph