[linux-dvb] Hauppauge DVB-s card.

Hi All.

I have just brought one of the above mentioned cards, i see it has many
possablitys under our wonderfull operating system, however getting it to work
seems to be rather a pain in the perverbial ass.

I am by no means new to linux, i had to change quite a few things to get
siemens_dvb-0.9-20010822.tar.gz to compile, after many try's i got 'make
insmod' to work and i got a full list of modules with 'lsmod' checked against
differnet mails in the archives, but what now, i cant find a HOWTO anywhere,
does such a thing exsist,??? i have read many mails in the archive but i can
find no mention of HOWTO, other than, if i get my card going i will write a
howto.

My questions are;

1) Does anyone have one of the above cards working.
2) If so would they like to share thier config files, the ones that actually
    let you see how to start the card at bootime.
3) Is there a HOWTO at some URL or other, please one which actually tells you
   step for step what to do, not like the INSTALL or README files in the
   siemens archives, i find that rather incomplete for someone who has no or
   little knowlage of the said card.

I have the card in a PII MMX 200, 64Meg with Redhat 7.1 kernel 2.4.9
I can place it in a Slackware machine which has a PIII 650mhz with 256M ram.

I have more questions as well, however the archives do tell me quite a lot.

--
Regards Richard
pa3gcu@zeelandnet.nl