[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge DVB-s card.

pa3gcu@zeelandnet.nl(pa3gcu)  30.08.01 19:36

Once upon a time pa3gcu shaped the electrons to say...

>Hi All.

>checked against differnet mails in the archives, but what now, i cant
>find a HOWTO anywhere, does such a thing exsist,??? i have read many
>mails in the archive but i can find no mention of HOWTO, other than,
>if i get my card going i will write a howto.

>My questions are;

>1) Does anyone have one of the above cards working.

Some guys have them run.
But there are serval versions:
1.3, 1.5, 1.6, 2.1, and low budget (and low function) "nova"
that might have minor differences (the 1.5 has an other DAC for
example.)

>2) If so would they like to share thier config files, the ones that
>actually     let you see how to start the card at bootime.

There is a script "runvdr"
in the VDR directory.

You "only" need to call it from "rc".
Details in this area often depends on the distribution.
see
man init

But of cause:
I too would like to see some more scripts.

>3) Is there a HOWTO at some URL or other, please one which actually
>tells you    step for step what to do, not like the INSTALL or README
>files in the    siemens archives, i find that rather incomplete for
>someone who has no or    little knowlage of the said card.

I only know a page in german that may help you

http://home.t-online.de/home/hubertus.sandmann/linux.htm
http://home.t-online.de/home/hubertus.sandmann/l_vdr.htm

(But: linux scripts are international ;-) )