[linux-dvb] Re: ANNOUNCE: dvbstream 0.1 - RTP multicast DVB transport streams

Dave Chapman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> With the recent threads about software decoding and networking of VDR, I
> decided to revisit and release my "DVBstream" application.
>
> This is based on the "ts-rtp" package from www.linuxtv.org.  It includes a
> couple of bug fixes to that package and the ability to stream live from a DVB
> card.  The license is the GNU GPL.
>
> After tuning to a transponder, you run dvbstream as follows:
>
> dvbstream pid1 pid2 ... pid8
Fine program! There is one problem, you use 'count' twice. If the
size of the packet read is not equal 188 you leave the while-loop
and close the fds using 'count'. But you increment

'count' inside the loop. This results in a segmentation fault.
The if-condition is reached if an error occurs (e.g. buffer overflow)
and you receive a return value of -1.

> On the client, use the included dumprtp utility to receive selected PIDs from
> the multicast:
>
> dumprtp pid1 pid2 > received.ts
>
> It would be straightforward to write a client based on dumprtp that sends
> this transport stream back to a DVB card on the client for hardware playback.
> I haven't had any success reliably playing back a TV stream in software (i.e.
> without any A/V corruption).  This may be due to my use of a 10Mbit/s LAN.
Setting the filters and writing to the dvr-device does not work?

Ciao, Guenter