[linux-dvb] Re: ANNOUNCE: dvbstream 0.1 - RTP multicast DVB transport streams

On Wednesday 05 September 2001  4:39 pm, Guenter Wildmann wrote:
> Fine program! There is one problem, you use 'count' twice. If the
> size of the packet read is not equal 188 you leave the while-loop
> and close the fds using 'count'. But you increment
> 'count' inside the loop. This results in a segmentation fault.
> The if-condition is reached if an error occurs (e.g. buffer overflow)
> and you receive a return value of -1.

Well spotted.  I've now fixed this and will probably release an update later
tonight - along with some other improvements.  It never caused me any
problems though.

> > It would be straightforward to write a client based on dumprtp that sends
> > this transport stream back to a DVB card on the client for hardware
> > playback. I haven't had any success reliably playing back a TV stream in
> > software (i.e. without any A/V corruption).  This may be due to my use of
> > a 10Mbit/s LAN.
>
> Setting the filters and writing to the dvr-device does not work?

That is exactly what such a client should do.

I only have one DVB card, so I am concentrating on a software only solution
for the client side.  You are welcome to produce a client that uses the DVB
card.

Best wishes,

Dave.