[linux-dvb] Re: Wakeup Problem

>So the only way seems to be to modify the NVvalues the BIOS writes
>into the RTC...

That seems to be the way it is.

>Someone already solved this problem?
>It may be only one single bit ;-)

You have to find out in which part of the nvram the Bios stores the
Values. It seems, that every Bios does this differently.
You can do a hexdump /dev/nvram (MSB and LSB are swapped)
(kernel must be >2.4.6; thanks to Frank)
which includes the extended cmos ram area.
At Offset 0x55-0x59 are stored the alarm values (Gigabyte GA-7IXE AMI Bios)
At Offset 0x30 ist Stored the MSB of the checksum for the extended cmos ram.
At Offset 0x30 ist Stored the LSB.
I couldn't find out how to calculate the matching checksum. Can anybody
help?
To workaround I summed up the differences of the old and new values and
added them to the checksum. Perhaps not very elegant but it works (thanks
again to Frank).
I wrote a tool, but at the moment more or less a study.

Gruss
Klaus