[linux-dvb] Channel switching

I have given my 'ctest.c' test program another try today and was able
to demonstrate the "channel not sync'ed" error with a small set of
channels.

What puzzles me is that for a while everything works fine, then suddenly
a channel can't be switched to. In such a case, sometimes it succeeds when
retrying, but most of the time all three attempts to switch to the
channel fail. It is also not always the same channel that fails.
A channel that was tuned to just fine in the previous loop can fail
in the next one.

Maybe some of you would care to run this test program and see whether
the problem occurs on your system, too. The program is available at

  ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/ctest.c

and should be compiled with

  g++ -I../DVB/ost/include ctest.c

Then run the resulting 'a.out' and see debug output like this:

  tuning to RTL   rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX
  tuning to Sat.1 rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX
  tuning to Pro-7 rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX
  tuning to ORF1  rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX
  tuning to DW TV rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX
  tuning to BLOOMBERG TV  rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX
  tuning to Premiere World Promo  rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX
  tuning to 13th Street   rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX

The characters to the right show where the program is at the moment.
In case of an error the output will look like this:

  tuning to ORF1  rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX
  tuning to DW TV rpPpPpPRdDtTeE
  ERROR: event.type = 2

  ERROR: channel not sync'ed!
  rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX
  tuning to BLOOMBERG TV  rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX
  tuning to Premiere World Promo  rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX

Please let the program run for a long time, in case the error doesn't
show up immediately. There may be long periods where no error occurs,
but sooner or later it always happened here on my system.

BTW: I did my tests on the first DVB card, which does not contain a CAM.
So there may be no picture on some of these channels, but nevertheless
it should always be possible to tune in to them.

Please let me know what you find out.

Klaus