[linux-dvb] Re: Channel switching

Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  07.09.01 18:34

Once upon a time Klaus Schmidinger shaped the electrons to say...

>I have given my 'ctest.c' test program another try today and was able
>to demonstrate the "channel not sync'ed" error with a small set of
>channels.

>What puzzles me is that for a while everything works fine, then
>suddenly a channel can't be switched to. In such a case, sometimes it
>succeeds when retrying, but most of the time all three attempts to
>switch to the channel fail. It is also not always the same channel
>that fails. A channel that was tuned to just fine in the previous loop
>can fail in the next one.

>Maybe some of you would care to run this test program and see whether
>the problem occurs on your system, too. The program is available at

>  ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/ctest.c

>and should be compiled with

>  g++ -I../DVB/ost/include ctest.c

>Then run the resulting 'a.out' and see debug output like this:

>  tuning to BLOOMBERG TV          rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX
>  tuning to Premiere World Promo  rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX
>  tuning to 13th Street           rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX

>The characters to the right show where the program is at the moment.
>In case of an error the output will look like this:

>  tuning to ORF1  rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX
>  tuning to DW TV rpPpPpPRdDtTeE
>  ERROR: event.type = 2

To make sure not to lose(oversee) the info maybe this
construct might

# ./a.out 2> x &
# tail -f x | grep "ERROR"

But here it starts always with:

msi:~/video/VDR# head x
tuning to RTL   rp
ERROR (ctest.c,375): Invalid argument
Pp
ERROR (ctest.c,375): Invalid argument
Pp
ERROR (ctest.c,375): Invalid argument
PRdDtTeExpPpPpPX
tuning to Sat.1 rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX
tuning to Pro-7 rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX

then it runs flawlewssly for at least 20min now.

Could it be maybe a problem with the antenna? (diseq?)

Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //