[linux-dvb] Re: Channel switching

Am 7.9.2001 um 18:34 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:

> Please let the program run for a long time, in case the error doesn't
> show up immediately. There may be long periods where no error occurs,
> but sooner or later it always happened here on my system.

I run this program on a rev 2.1 DVB-S Card from Hauppauge about 35 minutes
without any problem. No 'ERROR: channel not sync'ed!'s at all.

I swap this card with one from Siemens (rev 1.3, same computer, same
driver) and after 20 seconds i had the first 'ERROR: channel not sync'ed!'
error, 3 minutes later the next synced error.

The errors shows like this:

tuning to Sat.1 rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX
tuning to Pro-7 rpPpPpPRdDtTeE
ERROR: event.type = 2

ERROR: channel not sync'ed!
rpPpPpPRdDtTeE
ERROR: event.type = 2

ERROR: channel not sync'ed!
rpPpPpPRdDtTeE
ERROR: event.type = 2

ERROR: channel not sync'ed!

tuning to ORF1  rpPpPpPRdDtTeExpPpPpPX

A few days ago, i was experimenting with this problem. I have tried
several things, temperature of the card, pci slot, antenna cable, other
dish, other mainboard, several drivers... nothing solves the problem.
At the end i have tried a 'new' Hauppauge card and the problem was gone.

With the 'old' combination (kernel 2.2.18, dvb 0.82, vdr 0.72) i had never
this problem.

Ciao, Thomas