[linux-dvb] tech questions

Hi,

Are the DVB driver developers here?
If not, where can I catch them?
I've several tech questions about the card abilities and the ioctl's...
(I can reproduce some driver crashing too)

Ok. My hottest problem now:
I'm trying to playback video-only PS/PES stream (0x1E0 packets only, all
packets has PTS timestamp), but after some time (10 sec .. 30 min, depending
on packet size and bitrate) picture hangs (like still image) and driver eats
data very fast from that points (doesn't block until frames are played).

I'm using the test_av.c sample program to play back PES streams generated by
mplayer.

I think the main problem is not having audio packets, while card/driver
expects them.
If I send a dummy audio packet (0x1C0 packet, with 4 0xFF bytes in it)
then playback immediately hangs, same effect as I got after some time
when sending only video packets.

So, my question: is it a driver bug, a driver limitation (can't play
video-only stuff) or I just should use different ioctls?

thanks for the help,

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
mailto:arpi@thot.banki.hu