[linux-dvb] Re: dvb Patch Firmware Directory

Ralph Metzler wrote:

> Deti Fliegl writes:
>  > it took a while to analyze some problems with the DVB driver. An now
>  > here a patch that fixes the following stuff:
>  >
>  > - the arm_mon kernel thread is now detached from the user space insmod
>  > process (which caused maybe some problems)
>
> Which problems did it cause?
I think it's one of the problems which caused my machine to hang after a
while but I am not sure. It seems that there is a problem when the user
mode process insmod exits with a kernel thread still running.

>  > - firmware does not have to be placed in the current working directory
>  > any longer. Therefor the module parameter 'arm_firmware_dir' can be used
>  > to set any directory wherein the files Root and Dpram reside.
>
> You already can choose this at compile time. The firmware will normally
> be loaded from /lib/DVB if not found in the current directory.
> Do we really need a parameter for everything?
Yes, it's necessary.

>  > - Makefile fixed, to automatically create the misc directory on 'make
>  > install'
>
> Which misc directory?
/lib/modules/$(CURRENT)/misc
                        ^^^^<-this one

> Where is the patch? Attachments are not allowed.
Please refer to my last posting.

Deti