[linux-dvb] buffer synchronization

Hi,

When searching for the cause of the datacorruption reported on the VDR
mallinglist under the topic of "ERROR: can't record MPEG1" i stumbled
accross something in the DVB driver, that looks strange to me.

What i'm most interrested in is how the synchronization on the buffer in
DmxDevBufferRead() and DmxDevBufferWrite() is supposed to work.

As far as i could see is DmxDevBufferWrite() called from an IRQ, while
DmxDevBuffeRead() is called from a read() system call. A system call
however can be interrupted by an IRQ at any point.
DmxDevBufferRead() is using pwrite multiple times to calculate things,
pwrite could be modified at the same time by an DmxDevBufferWrite()
called from an IRQ.

Could somebody please enlighten me wether the above is correct or not
and if it could lead to DmxDevBufferRead() to return corrupted data.

Have fun

    Andreas