[linux-dvb] Re: DVB card / video but no sound

"Ortner, Uwe" wrote:

> I also have this problem (posted 2 weeks ago)
>
> Anybody out there with ideas??
>
> Uwe
>
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I installed my DVB card, I use tuxzap to choose the channel to look. It
> > works fine. I use xawtv to watch the video stream, works perfect but
> > ... I have no sound at all.
> >
> > The audio device works, cat <file> > /dev/dsp gives me some noise, and
> > mpg123, xmms, etc works too. May someone have an idea where I should
> > look ? I know the sound is coming, someone else tried here with a
> > control monitor to be sure we were getting some.
> >
> > Am I missing something here ?

I think, I can guess what's going on:

I assume your speakers are connected to your soundcard, because /dev/dsp
is not owned by the dvb-equipment.

So, you have to connect the audio output of your dvb card to the audio
input of your soundcard (or directly to your speakers) and don't forget
to adjust your mixer.

--
Frank