[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-t

Tim ODriscoll writes:

 > Forgive the newbie question, but you mention a 'full' DVB-t card? I was
 > only aware of the one type, that receives free-to-air digital broadcasts.
 >
 > Is there another type, that perhaps can take one of the smart-cards to
 > receive pay channels in the UK?

Full card refers to a card with MPEG decoder (i.e. av711x chip) on
board. Those also usually have a connector for a CI interface.
Although there seem to be new cards coming out which have no MPEG
decoder but do have a CI interface.
Since the British pay TV channels AFAIK don't use CI interfaces, you
probably won't see those in GB.

Marcus