[linux-dvb] Channel switching, DVB-C

Hi list,

I've had my DVB stuff running now for a month and a half. Latest
improvement was tuning to the <200MHz frequencies which was not possible
earlier. Chanegin the freq. limits in tuner.c helped there.

Now I'm pretty satisfied with everything except that tuning is not very
reliable. [I have no idea whether DVB-S/T users suffer from these problems
] When I switch from channel A to channel B within the same bouquet,
switching is realtively fast (slower than with an analog TV) and switching
works like clockwork. But when I switch from  channel A to channel B and
the two channels are on separate bouquets the actual switching takes a
long time (several seconds) and sometimes the switch is never completed.
VDR's switching code will time out (I changed the timeout from 5secs to
10secs). It looks like the problem lies in the driver rather than VDR.

So my question is, is there any way I can improve the performance? How
do different variables in e.g. tuner.c affect the behaviour? Are there
some vars I could play with in order to improve switching?

I changed the delay from HZ to 2*HZ in the zigzag function in tuner.c.
Before that I was not able to tune at all. Could switching be improved by
fine tuning this variable?

BR, Lauri