[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-t

On Thursday 07 March 2002 11:43, John Green wrote:
> I enquired about this to Hauppauge a few weeks ago and was offered a
> full DVD-T card for something in the region of 250 GBP direct from them.
>
> They were at great pains to point out that this had not been officially
> released and was not in consumer packaging.   I ended up buying a budget
> version instead for 99 GBP.

When Hauppauge launched the Nova-t card last September, they said that they
hoped to release a full card capable of decoding the encrypted channels by
Christmas (i.e 3 months ago).

I guess this means that they haven't completely given up on the idea.  I
guess the problem is the cost - the full card, plus CI, plus Seca CAM would
cost between 300-400 GBP.

I would be surprised if Hauppauge release a product at this price - but the
components should be available from other suppliers.

Dave.