[linux-dvb] Re: What's the minor-shift (if there is one set)?

Andreas Roedl wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Am Donnerstag, 7. März 2002 13:50 schrieb Ralph Metzler:
>
>>I'll probably change to devfs only in the NEWSTRUCT branch.
>>So, who does not use devfs yet?
>>

> Me! But I can change this.

I would recommend everybody to use devfs as soon as possible.

We are currently restructuring the internal driver structure -- dropping
the old major/minor compatibility support will significandly simplify
the internal device handling and allow much cleaner code (one of the
most important requirements to get the DVB driver into the official
Kernel tree).

- Holger