[linux-dvb] Re: lircd with hauppauge dvb-s

Hello,

> I tried all this of course. What I overlooked and therefore didn't tell in my last mail: since I
> removed the CI from the hauppauge card and moved it over to the siemens card (I read somewhere about
> the problem) the windvb-driver writes a line into /var/log/messages with the code anytime I press a
> key one the remote. But I don't get them within irw.

Sorry friends, I was to stupid, to start the 0.6.5 lircd. There was an older version in the path.

> Another problem, which will arise as soon as I get the first solved: The remote control of the wintv
> uses the same codes as that for our tv. Because the remote control for the tv has a second and third
> level for VTR and DVD I hoped, to be able to use them for controlling vdr. But this codes are not
> protocolled in /var/log/messages. AFAIK the lirc.conf comes into action at a later level, so it
> should be of no interest, whether the codes are in it, isn't it? Or is it probable, that the remote
> control uses different codes on different levels?

As I read from Matthias Hilbig, this is no problem of my installation but one of the firmware. As far as I
can see, the firmware reacts on any device addressed, but delivers the button code only. Would it be
possible, to deliver the device code, too.

Martin