[linux-dvb] System halts after "ifconfig dvb0_0"

Hi everybody,

  I'm in deep trouble getting internet access over my dvb-card running.
  I use a TechnoTrend budget PCI card, Linux kernel 2.4.10, dvb-driver
  CVS-Snapshot from March 11th and network_activator downloaded from
  www.hack-it.net

  I'm try to start things the following way:

  cd <some directory>/DVB/driver
  make insmod
  cd <some directory>/DVB_network_activator
  ./network_activator <pid> (tried a few)
  ifconfig -a dvb0_0

  Everything up to this point works fine. No error messages, no
  warnings. Next step should be (according to some HowTos):

  ifconfig dvb0_0 192.168.x.y (again had several different tries)

  After pressing <Enter>, the system halts completely with flashing
  caps-lock and num-lock lights on the keyboard.

  Some idea what is wrong? I first thought of an irq-sharing-problem
  but the dvb uses irq 5 all alone.

  Thanx in advance.

--
Best regards