[linux-dvb] Re: Unable to load drivers from anything but the Makefile

Hi Eduard Bloch!

I somewhen had the same problem because I was using
devfs. I like devfs
therefore I hacked together something to get it to
work, anyways:

cd /dev
ln -s dvb/card0 ost
cd ost
ln -s video0 video
ln -s dvb0 dvb
then load the drivers

Or something ... I'm not at my box right now so
perhaps some typos, but you get the idea?
I usually do this in rc.local 'cause i'm not using
_devfsd_, when you use it
it may work after you did it once, forever (I think).

Oh yeah the next problem I faced was with lirc there I
ended up mknod'ing the
/dev/lirc and /dev/lircd nodes... now it works fine
even after devfs is on *yay*.

Hope that helps...
(I'm NOT a linuxdvb developer I think but it works so
I thought better this help than no help)...