[linux-dvb] Re: Unable to load drivers from anything but the Makefile

#include <hallo.h>
Kenneth Falck wrote on Mon Mar 11, 2002 um 10:59:20PM:

> wouldn't work. When I ran "make insmod" it started working again. I also
> tried to put the firmware files in /lib since the drivers seem to look
> for them in there but it didn't help.

Hm. It worked fine for me when I took the CVS source, copyied the
firmware files to my directory and specified this directory as
DVB_FIRM_PATH in dvb.h. Now, the automatic loading works with the
modules.conf snipplet in the drivers directory. There is still one trap:
tuner.o has a name conflict with tuner.o from v4l (Kernel), so I renamed
it to dvb_tuner.o and adapted the modules.conf names. Works fine now.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
I have found little that is good about human beings.  In my experience
most of them are trash.