[linux-dvb] /dev/ost/vdr0 | ts2ps -> broken data

Moin mocm!
mocm@metzlerbros.de schrieb am Tuesday, den 19. March 2002:

>  > can anyone read /dev/ost/vdr0 with recent DVB driver versions? If I try
>  > to "cat /dev/ost/vdr0" as described in the Nova mini-howtos, I just get
>  > no data. No error message, just nothing happens.
>  >
> You mean /dev/ost/dvr0, right?

Err, of course.

> Did you set the demuxes?

Uhm, what? Another user gave me a hint with "ntuxzap -e" which made
/dev/ost/dvr0 output some data ;) This could be documented on a good
place.

But there is the next problem: if I try to make the TS stream useable,
it fails.

cat /dev/ost/dvr0 | ts2ps 0 0 > bla.mpg

This behaves different, each time when I start it. Either there is

a) just no data, or
b) the headers seems to be okay (mplayer detects picture- and sound
   formats), but the picture is black and sound is absolute silence or
c) the data is binary trash. It is detected as in b), but it's only
   noise and crapy picture.

> What mini-howtos?

>From this mailing list archive, collected hints.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics.
                                              - Some guy