[linux-dvb] Re: tuner type not set

Dienstag, 19. März 2002 at 23:17 Frank Klingenhoefer wrote:

> Wolfgang Wershofen wrote:
> [...]

>> Does anybody know, how to set the tuner type? I looked into the
>> archives and found only one thread with this message but no solution
>> to that.

> $ insmod tuner type=xyz

> (This parameter of the module is valid for the recent version.)

> More information could be found on
> http://bytesex.org

Ok, I downloaded the 0.7.91-version of bttv. But how do I find out,
which type of tuner my TT budget card has? Do I have to look at the
card itself or is there a way to let some software show me that?

> The tuner (in the dvb package) is a slightly (?) modified version of the
> original (?)  one, which is part of the bttv package.

Does this mean, i simply can replace the tuner.c in the dvb-driver with
the tuner.c from bttv-package?
BTW: Writing this mail, I found out that "insmod tuner.o type=x" from
the DVB/driver directory seems to work as well, without modifying
tuner.c. At least, I don't get the "tuner type not set" message anymore
when I start dvbd, although tuning still doesn't work.

Any more suggestions?

--
Best regards
Wolfgang Wershofen                            mailto:wolfgang@wershofen.com