[linux-dvb] Re: howto flush buffers to card

Andreas Schultz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can i ensure that all frames sent to card are being shown? I appears
> as if the card always eats the last 10 or so frames when
> VIDEO_SOURCE_MEMORY is used. VIDEO_FREEZE and VIDEO_STOP do *not* work
> for this.
>
> Sending the last full I-frame multiple times works as a workarround, but
> this is not a solution for my purpose.

According to the AV711x data sheet sending a single I-Frame should be
possible. I wrote about this to Ralph some time ago, but he didn't
know why this doesn't work.

Actually the workaround in DVB/driver/dvb.c's play_iframe() shouldn't
be necessary...

Klaus