[linux-dvb] Re: howto flush buffers to card

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Andreas Schultz wrote:

[...]

> According to the AV711x data sheet sending a single I-Frame should be
> possible. I wrote about this to Ralph some time ago, but he didn't
> know why this doesn't work.
>
> Actually the workaround in DVB/driver/dvb.c's play_iframe() shouldn't
> be necessary...

It's not only the I-Frames, e.g. what if the stream ends with or should
stop at a P-Frame? There is not way to precisly stop at a certain frame.
One can simply cease to send data to the card and it will just continue
to show the last *decoded* frame, but this will not be the last sent frame.

Andreas