[linux-dvb] Re: ATSC?

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 01:47:39AM -0800, Dan Hollis wrote:
> > I don't think these cards will work for digital cable...
> Do you know if any interface cards exist which will interpret this signal?

No. And I have specifically asked the vendors directly, if they will work
with north american digital cable. Every time they have said they will
not, that their hardware is designed specifically for aerial and
satellite broadcasts only.

Nobody seems to make any PC cards that can receive digital cable in north
america.

> > BTW you really can receive DVB in north america, but you need a satellite
> > dish... :-(
> Yes, which is expensive, considering I already use my cable provider for
> Internet access.

It's not so expensive, you just need some place to put a 2 meter or 6
meter dish :-(

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]