[linux-dvb] Re: ATSC?

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 mocm@metzlerbros.de wrote:
> So ATSC may fit in quite well. It is yet another frontend type (we
> already have QPSK, QAM, OFDM) and the rest will also fit in.
> The only trouble is that we Europeans probably won't be able to do it
> by ourselves, so people in the USA will have to work on that stuff.

The problem is that there is not really any ATSC broadcasts in north
america yet. Widest availability is either satellite DVB (which is already
supported obviously), or the strange mutation of digital cable used here
which nothing seems to be able to interface to except the custom set-top
boxes manufactured specifically for the north american cable companies.

If anyone knows of PC hardware that can work on the north american digital
cable system, I am "all ears".

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]