[linux-dvb] Re: ATSC?

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 09:13:41PM +0100, mocm@metzlerbros.de wrote:

> So ATSC may fit in quite well. It is yet another frontend type (we already
> have QPSK, QAM, OFDM) and the rest will also fit in.  The only trouble is
> that we Europeans probably won't be able to do it by ourselves, so people
> in the USA will have to work on that stuff.

I am considering purchasing a card, if I can be certain that it will work
with my digital cable system.  I have never written a device driver before,
but I would be willing to give it a try.  I could certainly do the legwork
of trying to convince vendors to release a spec, if that needs to be done.

Did anyone take a look at the ATSC Master FD[0] and corresponding driver[1]?

[0] http://www.computermodules.com/oem/atscmasterfd.shtml

[1] http://www.linsys.ca/resources/ATSC%20Linux.htm

Is this a potentially useful piece of hardware for the consumer side?  Does
the provided driver provide enough information to judge whether it fits into
the framework?

--
 - mdz