[linux-dvb] Re: ATSC?

Holger Waechtler writes:
 > Daniel Schmelzer wrote:
 > > As to your questions:
 > >
 > > #1 -- Yes, you can.  But the open source code isn't totally there.
 > >
 > > #2 -- Probably not.  The ATSC cards use different PCI bridges (either
 > > the Teralogic TL880 or the Fusion 878A).  So the project would have to
 > > accept code for these bridges.
 >
 > Since we don't have any ATSC transmissions here, the development has to
 > done somewhere else. We'll always accept patches which make sense and
 > don't break other code. Feel free to contribute!

We will also shortly have the Pinnacle PCTV driver by Peter Hettkamp
in our NEWSTRUCT branch. That's a card with Fusion 878A.
Adding Peters patches got a little delayed because of all the changes
we made (and are still making) in the driver structure.
I guess that ATSC cards with Conexant chips only differ in the Frontend.

Ralph