[linux-dvb] Re: ATSC

Hi Dan--

I can confirm that the WinTV-HD appears to have the hardware capability to
decode digital cable (as does the AccessDTV).  It uses (or used) the Nxtwave
2000 demodulator, which is supposed to be able to handle QAM64/256 as well
as OTA.

http://www.nxtwavecom.com/PDFs/NXT2000_prod.pdf

Of course, making it actually work is another matter. ;-)  And there isn't
any TL880 open source code as far as I knew about 1/2 year ago.

Apparently, TWC encrypts their QAM256 signal, but in some markets sends out
8VSB.  Other companies may send the signal in the clear.

Regards--

Dan