[linux-dvb] Re: ATSC

Hi Dan--

Your knowledge is incomplete. ;-)  A lot of areas get the full 19 Mbps ATSC
stream on cable via either 8VSB or QAM64/256 by a variety of companies in
both the US and Canada.  Even AT&T/TCI puts out a channel of ATSC over 8VSB
in parts of Chicago.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99538

And ATSC isn't confined to HDTV with DD5.1, although that's where it's best
used.

Regards--

Dan