[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-C tuning problem

On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 00:41, Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Andreas Holzmann writes:
>  > after ish took over the cable network I have problems tuning to channels
>  > using the linux dvb drivers. I've no problems using the OSD or playing
>  > old recordings using vdr. The strange thing is that I can scan for and
>  > switch to all channels when I use the Windows software that came with
>  > the card. Its a Siemens-Fujitsu DVB-C card.
>  >
>  > Does anyone live in NRW and is using DVB-Cable with/without problems?
>
> Yes, I live in NRW and I have no problems here with DVB-C.
> [...]
> If they changed something I at least did not notice any negative
> effects.

Hmm, maybe it was just a strange coincidence. Do you have an idea what
the problem could be then? I've tried several kernel versions and DVB
driver versions. And I always get the same result. I can't tune to a
channel.
As you can see in my logs, VES1820.c (line340) never gets the right sync
bits to set FE_HAS_LOCK, which is why - i think - fe_tune() in
dvb_frontend.c doesn't get a lock and even the full zigzag interval
doesn't get one. But why could this happen? Do you have an idea what
else I could try? Are the sync values 1 or 32 of importance in
FE_READ_STATUS of VES1820.c? Only the values 2, 4, and 8 are handled
there.

Thanks for your help,

  Andreas