[linux-dvb] Re: [Fwd: Re: Uncorrectable Block Count in VES1893 not implemented]

Andreas Oberritter wrote:

>Hi Steve,
>
>thanks for the patch.
>
>It looks very similar to the one we use for the ves1993 on the sagem
>d-box 2.
>
>case FE_READ_UNCORRECTED_BLOCKS:
>{
>        u32 *ublocks=(u32 *) arg;
>        *ublocks=readreg(client, 0x18)&0x7F;
>        writereg(client, 0x18, 0);
>        writereg(client, 0x18, 0xFF);
>        break;
>}
>
>What exactly does writereg(client, 0x18, 0x80); do in your patch? Do you
>have documentation for the ves1893 or similar frontends?
>
>Best regards,
>obi

Andreas,

According to page 43  of the 1893 spec, bits[6:0] are the block count
and read-only. They are reset by either a master reset (hardware or
software) or toggling bit[7] from its default of 1->0->1. As the counter
is only 7 bits, it seemed reasonable to automatically reset it when read.

The code snippets would seem to perform identically.

Hope this helps,

Steve