[linux-dvb] Re: CAMs - the never ending story...

Axel Gruber <axelgruber2@gmx.de> writes:

> It seem to me that Convergence will not change anything in the CI in
> the next time......

[...]

Please read Szymon's answer to your mail and be patient.

[...]

> But - and this is a Question to martin Springer:
>

> All this Hardware can be used under WINDOWS
> There is other Hardware wich can used with CI-CAMīs wich can be used under WINDOWS

If I understand you correctly, you are asking me why do I think that
the windows drivers support CI-CAMs without any problems?

Well, perhaps because the developers of the Windows drivers got paid
for their work.

> All this software - solutions allow to record and playback Decodes Movies.

> Why is this not Illegal ?

I use Linux and I don't know the Windows software which allows you to
record and playback decrypted movies. However, people who advertise or
market this software in Europe might have a problem by the end of 2002
because of a recent revision of copyright law.

According to DIRECTIVE 2001/29/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF
THE COUNCIL of 22 May 2001 [1], the Windows software could be
considered a device for circumventing the copy protection mechanisms
of pay-tv channels.

[1]
(http://europa.eu.int/information_society/topics/multi/digital_rights/doc/directive_copyright_en.pdf)

yours sincerely

Martin Springer
--
Martin Springer                        GPG Key-ID  1024D/23058565
Rosenthaler Str. 9                     ph/  +49 (0)30- 28 30 08 1