[linux-dvb] Re: CAMs - the never ending story...

> Wow .. BIG response to the three questions ... anyway .. just to NOT let
> the discussion die, will there be changes to the CAM topic in the
> "NEWSTRUCT" Branch ???

It seem to me that Convergence will not change anything in the CI in the next
time......

And if they wait long enough - the hardware is out of date.........

I think the last statement of Martin Springer was clear enough. :-(

Time will come then we have TV-Boxes wich lock the Door and the RemoteController
when the Commercial-sports come... :-))

But - and this is a Question to martin Springer:

All this Hardware can be used under WINDOWS
There is other Hardware wich can used with CI-CAMīs wich can be used under WINDOWS

All this software - solutions allow to record and playback Decodes Movies.

Why is this not Illegal ?

A Friend of mine use a Micronic BOX (holy shit) with a build in Harddrive and CI-Interface
also he can record and playback movies to his HD......

So i donīt understand you......

Sure - i understand your statement and understand that you have to earn money with your software.
But as i sayed some mails bevore: This is the problem with linux - and thatīs the reason why linux
donīt break trough - many many hardware is not supported - or the drivers are developed not by the
Manufactureres - they are made by Private People or Companyīs like Convergence wich have to live and
have to earn money....
And the ironic thing is that we all canīt buy a "better" driver - convergence only sell a whole "package"
to other big companyīs......