[linux-dvb] Re: looking for network activator

Freitag, 19. April 2002 at 17:25 Andre Weidemann wrote:

> Hi all,
> I know this question has been posted a couple of times, but all the links
> I could find to the file were broken.
> Does anyone here have a working link to the network_activator?
> I know Marcus worte some lines about implementing the dvb0 device on your
> own, but since I'm not a programmer, I have a hard time understanding what
> he is talking about.
> So please can anybody help me out?
Hi Andre,

you don't need the network_activator tool anymore if you are using Dave
Chapman's excellent utility dvbtune. It has a network_activator build in
which enables ip-networking by using the "-n"-switch. See
http://www.linuxstb.org for downloads and documentation. Maybe also my
"T-DSL via Sat"-HowTo concerning ip-networking with the new satellite
service from Deutsche Telekom may be of some interest for you. This can be
found at http://www.wershofen.de/TDSLviaSat-HowTo.

HTH

Regards
Wolfgang