[linux-dvb] Re: Nova card drops packets, but tuner reports 0 BER& 0 Uncorr blocks

Steve Brown writes:

 > The overall project is to write a dvb plugin for xine. It is in this
 > context that I am having the problem.
 >
 > For testing, I eliminated xine and my code and am using dvbtune to set
 > the tuner and report tuner status and a hacked test_dvr to audit the pid
 > cc's. I have an 8k array for the cc's so I can audit the whole feed.
 >
 > The filter parms are:
 >
 > >   if (argc == 1)
 > >     pesFilterParams.pid = 0x2000;
 > >   else
 > >     pesFilterParams.pid = strtol(argv[1], NULL, 0);
 > >   pesFilterParams.input = DMX_IN_FRONTEND;
 > >   pesFilterParams.output = DMX_OUT_TS_TAP;
 > >   pesFilterParams.pesType = DMX_PES_OTHER;
 > >   pesFilterParams.flags = DMX_IMMEDIATE_START;
 > >   if (ioctl(fd_demux, DMX_SET_PES_FILTER, &pesFilterParams) < 0){
 > >     perror("demux error");
 > >     return(1);
 > >   }
 >
 > I'm running this on a 1.7Ghz P4 with about 2% of cpu in test_dvr. Total
 > cpu usage is ~5%.
 >
 > The error rate is about 3 to 10 per second when filtering a typical
 > video pid. The errors seem to occur at about this rate or not at all. If
That's really strange. Try setting the PID to 0x2000 to get the entire
TS from the current transponder and see if you get the same
problem. If not, there may be something wrong with the software demux.

 > I hook the antenna to a commercial receiver (a Satcruiser DSR-101) I get
 > perfect reception.

Could you also try if you get the same errors when you use rtuxzap for
recording. Start it with "rtuxzap -s 2" to get a TS which contains only
the audio and video packages (haven't included other TS packages yet).
The stream is recorded to /tmp/record.ts. You will have to get rtuxzap
from the CVS.

Marcus