[linux-dvb] Re: Pinnacle PCTV Sat

Hi Johannes,

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 12:29:06PM +0200, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 08:06:04AM +0200, Peter Hettkamp wrote:
> > I'm working on it. It works already, but needs to be integrated with
> > the current dvb driver. I am currently waiting out for the completion
> > of the structural changes in the NEWSTRUCT branch.
>
> Although sometimes it may appear otherwise, we are open
> for suggestions and criticism regarding further
> development of the drivers and the Linux DVB API.
>
> Especially I would like to encourage everyone who wrote
> applications using the current API to take a close look at
> NEWSTRUCT and the changes proposed by Holger Waechtler,
> and voice their opinions.

I will do this. It wiil take a little time, though, to see
the ideas behind the changed code.

> If more people would participate in the discussion, we might
> end up with a better API.

I agree, and will do so. By the way, the changes which were in
place in the NEWSTRUCT at the end of february/beginning of march,
made the implementation of the pctv driver pretty easy already;
namely the division of frontend chip specific code, generic frontend
code, and card-specific code.

Best regards,
Peter

--
"Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)"