[linux-dvb] Re: Siemens DVB-C and QAM_128

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 18:03, Panu Kekäläinen wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 07:24:56PM +0300, Panu Kekäläinen wrote:
> > I have installed a Fujitsu-Siemens DVB-C card. The problem is that it can not
> > tune to multiplexes which use 128QAM modulation.
> >

> I have started to debug this problem. Is there any documentation for VES1820
> available? Currently I'm interested about the registers that are set when
> modulation type is selected, but of course I would like to see the full
> documentation.

FYI: I have a TechnoTrend DVB-C full featured card which tunes both to
QAM_&¤ and QAM_128 bouquets. I'm using VDR with my DVB-C card and I
hacked VDR to parse the used QAM value from the channel definition in
channels.conf.

Are you sure that the driver is the problem and not the software
interfacing to the driver?

br, Lauri