[linux-dvb] Re: Siemens DVB-C and QAM_128

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 11:11:55AM +0300, Kvikant, Christian wrote:
> We're using TT's rev 2.1 DVB-C full featured cards (with Conax's CAM-3.03)
> and everything works fine except for tuning to frequencies under 145 MHz.
> I.e. HTV's mux # 8 is not accessible. TT's own Windows software won't tune
> to 138 MHz either. The tuner's label says it's a TDBE2-032A and inside is a
> Mitel SP5659.

I think Siemens has different tuner chip, I have to check it when I get
physically back to the dvb-box. Is there any way to see what chip is used by
software? If I understand correctly the file dvb.c, Siemens card uses tuner
type TUNER_DVBC and TT (subsystem vendor 0x13c2) uses TUNER_SP5659_C.
Hmm, maybe that is one thing I could experiment with.

I tried to use the VDR with patches from Lauri, but QAM_128 channels still did
not lock. So I'm still lookin for VES1820 documentation and/or good hints.

	-Panu